6 Week COURSE (Ages 16-101): Creativity (for teens & adults!)
Have you been in a funk during the pandemic? Do you need a little creative pick-me-up? Spark your creativity and boost your mindfulness with this creativity course developed just for adults!
Participants will develop creative habits through visual journaling strategies, learn printmaking, create a personal travel journal, and more all while focusing on mindfulness and gratitude.
Each class includes safe technical practice, play and exploration of media, and guided creation of a mini-artwork. Students will receive instruction to reference later including practice prompts to continue creative habits throughout the week as well as additional resources to access on your own.
Runs 6 weeks
1.5 hour classes
THIS IN-PERSON CLASS WILL BE HELD AT:
MICHAEL SYMBER STUDIOS
493 S York St
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Each student will leave with:
- 8.5" x 11" hard cover sketchbook journal;
- personal travel journal;
- matted collage artwork;
- assembled mark-making artwork;
- mono-printed papers to use in other artworks or journaling;
- digital slides packed with information including links to resources.
- Week 1: Visual Journaling
- Week 2: Mono-printing
- Week 3: Bookbinding
- Week 4: Mark-making
- Week 5: Visual Storytelling (Collage)
- Week 6: Gratitude in Art